Friday, March 25, 2011

Taken for a fucking joy ride - PART TWO

The day after the accident, where I was terrorized by a company who Medicaid pays to transport consumers like me, I was still in some pain.  My tolerance for pain is rather high so I'm not always certain if I have a fracture or not.  So, I decided to contact a lawyer and seek medical attention.


From here on, this lawyer shall be referenced as "B-WOP," that's short for  Blood-sucking WOP.  B-WOP assured me that even though my case is much smaller than the ones he is accustomed to dealing with, he would take it on.  No money upfront but he would take a third of any settlement.  "Settlement?"  I asked.  I was not after any money.  My goal was to get the transport company to fire their crappy driver.  B-WOP explained to me that if I didn't sue for damages (money), then there was no reason for him to get involved.  I took his advice.


Step one: Go to ER and get an exam & x-rays.  Easy.
Step two: Find an Orthopedic DR to order MRI/CAT scan and my read x-rays (my bones are hard to read).  Many doctors refuse to see me because I'm considered a liability due to my rare bone condition.  After 3 rejections, 1 doc agreed to see me and my x-rays because he was familiar with my bone condition.  Of course, his office was about 45 minutes away from where I lived but my options were nil.  We'll call him Dr.Shmeckel.  I went to see him and he said the x-rays I had were inconclusive BUT he could take better ones.  Ok.  I had them done right there and then at his office.  I then waited back in the exam room for the results (I still was unsure if my hip was fractured.)  After about 15 minutes Dr.Shmeckel came back into the exam room.  This motherfucker looked me right in the face and said "due to your pre-existing condition there is really nothing I can do for you...your x-rays sure are interesting though."  Dr.Shmeckel used ME to get some "interesting" show and tell material!!!  MEDICAID PAID FOR THIS!  Should he be allowed to charge the government for this?  He obviously had no intension on helping me.


Call me crazy but it looks like another case of Medicaid fraud.


Fortunately, I found an awesome orthopedic doctor.


The saga continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment