Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Taken for a fucking joy ride - THE END

The year following the auto accident, I had a variety X-rays taken, plus an MRI and a CAT scan. This must have been an act of Divine intervention because none of my bones were fractured! However, I was injured. A muscle in my bodacious booty-cheek was deeply bruised which put pressure on my sciatic nerve.

Too often, the words “disabled” and “sick” are lumped together or used interchangeably. I do have a significant physical disability yet I am in great health. I spent more time in the dr’s office the year following the accident than I did in the past 15 years. With lots of physical therapy and exercise, I have recovered!

After I was declared ‘healed’ I contacted B-WOP. I was eager to be done with this drama. B-WOP tells me that we can’t move forward because he is waiting for reports to come in from a list of people. “Give me the list of what you need and who you need it from” I told him…and he did. Later that same week, I went to his office with ALL of the reports he was waiting for. He was a bit shocked. He still found reasons to put me off and not deal with my case. He said that if we just waited a little longer we could get more money. This infuriated me because I did not go through all this bullshit for money! I did it because it was the right thing to do! I did it so the transport company would be held accountable for the horrible way they treated me.

So, I fired B-WOP. He did not handle this very well. He reacted like a creepy boyfriend who was in denial that I broke up with him. He actually yelled at me on the phone, saying, “I can hear someone in the background telling you what to say! Don’t listen to them! You’re making a mistake!!!!!!” I reminded him that I am not cognitively impaired and it would be in his best interest to never contact me again…and he didn’t.

The next day, I called the insurance adjuster and basically told him to make me an acceptable offer and I would go away. I nearly shat my pants when he told me how much they were willing to pay. I played it cool though and got him to raise it a little more.

Within two weeks, I got a juicy enough check to buy a house AND put the transportation company out of business! I got what I wanted plus a new home.
I did hit a few snags along the way though…

No comments:

Post a Comment