Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Oral Surgeon Dr. Paul Smith - Two Thumbs Up

People who have Osteogenesis Imperfecta, like myself, often find it very challenging to find doctors because of OI's rarity.  Personally, I will not see a doctor of any kind unless they have at least heard of this bone condition...many have not.  At the other end of the spectrum though there are doctors who are 'experts' in treating those with OI.  I have found these types of doctors to be frustrating because they generally try to persuade me to 'fix' things that aren't bothering me.  Yes, my legs are a little crooked but they don't hurt so leave them alone!  I try to find doctors who rank somewhere in the middle.

Well, I broke a wisdom tooth last week.  It split right up the middle, into the root.  A dentist checked it out and confirmed that it needed to come out.  It took me a few days to locate and make an appointment with an Oral Surgeon who I had a very positive experience with almost 10 years ago.  Even though I had to travel an hour to see him yesterday it was worth it.  He is very gentle and attentive to his patients needs.  I highly recommend Dr. Paul Smith to any and all...OI or no OI.

Now I shall try to rest and heal but resting really isn't my strong suit.


Me and my tooth

Dr. Paul Smith Jr, DDS
20119 Van Aken Blvd Suite 207
Shaker Heights, OH 44122
(216) 751-3800 (Office)
(216) 751-3801 (Fax)

1 comment:

  1. Great post. The same thing happened to me last week. Split my wisdom tooth right in half. I was able to see a Staten Island oral surgeon the same day and got it pulled. I always thought I was lucky enough to keep all of my wisdom teeth but I guess I am not as lucky as I thought. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete