Sunday, October 12, 2014

Jane Hash - MyCare Consumer Advocate Co-Chair

Dear Readers,

It is no secret that I have been fiercely vocal on social media, regarding the sloppy and irresponsible manner in which the MyCare Ohio program has been implemented. Numerous elderly and disabled citizens are suffering in ways that are unimaginable. 

The population that is most affected by the MyCare Ohio crisis, are those who are no stranger to abuse and neglect because of their physical and/or intellectual vulnerabilities. Many are afraid and unable to advocate for themselves for fear of further mistreatment. Instead of reaching out to Social Workers, Case Managers, or representatives of the Managed Care Plans, these victims of MyCare Ohio are reaching out to me...Jane Hash.

In case you are wondering why these folks would come to me for help, just glance at this blog's description there to your right. When I said, "I am the politically incorrect voice of the unheard" I meant it. These victims are about to be heard...loud and clear.

Allow me to reintroduce myself... My name is Jane Hash and I am the MyCare Consumer Advocate Co-Chair for the East Central Region. I have volunteered to take on this role to make sure all of the heartbreaking and compelling personal stories that have been shared with me, are heard by those who have the power to make the needed changes.

Below is a brief description of our plan of action. I encourage you to share this information because we still are unclear as to how many people are being affected. Also, if you are a dual-eligible who is being affected by MyCare Ohio, please look below and join the conference call that is scheduled for your area. Consumers - this is your opportunity, your safe place, to share your story. I will go to battle for you but I need to know from you EXACTLY what you want me to fight for.

In solidarity,
Jane Hash


Date: Friday, October 31st

Times: (1:00pm -2:00pm Northwest, Northeast and Northeast Central), (2:00pm – 3:00pm East Central and West Central); and (3:00pm – 4:00pm Central and Southwest)

Not sure what region you're in? Click here and scroll down to map.

The call-in number (free call) and participant code is: 
(877) 366-0711 Participant code - 53257144#




What you can do:
  • ·       Let your voice be heard
  • ·     Share your story
  • ·     Help provide a feedback loop the Plan, State and Federal Government
  • ·     Want a say in your treatment delivery
  • ·     Want to ensure you are getting your medical equipment
  • ·     Happy or frustrated with MyCare Ohio

  RSVP - For more information or to join the coalition contact:


John Arnold
OCVIC, Project Coordinator
614-456-0060 x 237




4 comments:

  1. Jane, thanks for all you're doing. I'm paralyzed, and legally blind. My aide quit cause Caresource wasn't paying her except every 5 weeks, and no one wants to take me on as a client. Plus suppliers are not holding their supplies because Caresource hasn't paid their claims in 3 months! No aide, and now no supplies! I've called Uhcan, the governor, Medicaid, Caresource, no help! Keep up doing your mission, we need it. my Care Ohio is the worst example I've seen of Kasichs agenda. I think he wants to eliminate the independent aides for agencies that can contribute to his campaigns. It seems that, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I am sorry you're going through this. UHCAN was overwhelmed with calls/emails when this crisis started. It is possible you were overlooked. If you send John Arnold a direct email to this address jarnold@uhcanohio.org , I assure you that he will respond. Hang in there!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jane Hash. I meet you. I very shame you electric wheelchair. What happened you? Today are you all right? 👍 what you do please? Where your home address post code? 🏠 Your texting mobile number? 📱 I has deaf sign language learning. I has hearing on. I listen you. I age 39 year old now. My birthday on 24th May 1975. I love you please Leo McGurrell xxxx ☺ 🌹 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane hash. I meet you. I very shame you electric wheelchair. What happened you? Today are you all right? 👍 what you do please? Where your home address post code? 🏠 Your texting mobile number? 📱 I has deaf sign language learning. I has hearing on. I listen you. I age 39 year old now. My birthday on 24th May 1975. I love you please Leo McGurrell xxxx ☺

    ReplyDelete